Advanced Conceal Carry – Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
September 29, 2019
9:30am - 4:00pm
This is not our standard conceal carry class. This class focuses strongly on handgun skills that relate specifically to CONCEALED CARRY. This class will cover practical and likely scenarios that related to concealed carry, as well as skills that are necessary for you to be able to effectively confront a deadly threat.
In order to be prepared for this class, you MUST be proficient with handgun safety, as well as be proficient with gun handling skills such as loading and unloading your handgun, safely holstering and un-holstering, and basic marksmanship (you don't need to be Annie Oakley, you just need to be able to know how to safely aim and fire your handgun). Please come dressed using your normal daily carry attire and holster.
This class includes approximately 5 hours of range time. At the end of the class, you will receive a Handgun Training Certificate that will allow you to you apply for your Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit.
This class is limited to no more than 10 students. This class does have a cost of $100. If you register and do not attend the class, the $100 can used for a future class.
This class is located at Pikes Peak Gun Club, 450 S Franceville Coal Mine Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80929. We will meet at 9:00 AM at the range office to complete range registration. Please be on time so we can start the class promptly at 9:30. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS.
This class will cover the following:
- Firearm safety
- Colorado Concealed Handgun law and Colorado use of deadly force law
- Concealed Carry Shooting fundamentals
- Drawing from concealment
- Shooting from different positions
- Threat assessment and Shoot/No Shoot scenarios
- Verbal Commands
The following equipment is REQUIRED*:
- A well functioning modern handgun
- At least 2 magazines for your gun (more is better)
- At least 300 rounds of ammunition for your gun
- A rigid CONCEALED holster designed for your gun
- A good belt for holding your holster
- Eye and Ear protection
- Good shoes for being outside
- Plenty of water
- Food (we will break for lunch, but there are no restaurants within 15 miles)
The following equipment is RECOMMENDED:
- A CONCEALED magazine holster or carrier on your belt
- Clothing for different weather (it's September in Southern Colorado, the weather is unpredictable)
*If you do not have any of the above equipment, please contact us about borrowing ours. We are happy to loan equipment, but our own supplies are limited so we need to know ahead of time what the need is.